10 Things Homebuyers Won’t Miss About 2020
There’s one particular group of people that’s especially looking forward to the new year: homebuyers. While buying real estate is normally fun and exciting (albeit a bit stressful), 2020 has thrown too many wrenches into the works, and taken much of the enjoyment out of the process.
Here are ten things you can be sure homebuyers won’t miss about 2020:
1. The unpredictability
Real estate is unpredictable in a normal year. Throw in a pandemic, stay-at-home orders, and lots of unemployment and nobody knew for sure what would happen with the market.
In a pandemic, something that should take a day now takes an entire month.
3. Virtual tours
They’re not bad as a matter of convenience, but when it’s the only option… no bueno.
4. Crazy price fluctuations
Who would’ve thought a cabin in Montana would double in value overnight.
5. Out-of-towners flooding the suburban and rural markets
Sorry, there isn’t a Starbucks for miles.
6. Tighter lending guidelines
Mortgage companies be like…
7. Having to worry about whether there’s enough space for a home office
Even if it is the size of a small closet!
8. Being nervous to step foot inside someone’s place
It would be nice to tour an open house without holding your breath the whole time.
9. Local and state offices being closed or remote
If I get the town’s answering machine one more time…
10. Not being able to see their agent’s face
I want to see if they actually look like their headshot!